The broadcasting and activities of Czech Radio as a public service medium are embedded in a series of Acts.
Among the fundamental documents enacting the foundation of Czech Radio and determining all its activities, are the following:
- Act on Czech Radio
- Czech Radio Code
- Statutes of Czech Radio
The activities and management of Czech Radio are further overseen by the following regulatory and supervisory authorities:
- The Czech Radio Council (webpage in Czech)
- The Council for Radio and Television Broadcasting
- Electoral Committee with focus on Media / the Chamber of Deputies of the Parliament of the Czech Republic
- Committee on Science, Education, Culture, Youth and Sport / the Chamber of Deputies of the Parliament of the Czech Republic
- Standing Senate Commission on Media / the Senate of the Parliament of the Czech Republic
- The Media and Audiovision Department / the Ministry of Culture of the Czech Republic
Czech Radio is financed in accordance with act no. 348/2005 Coll. August 5, 1994 on radio and television license fees. Around 90% of Czech Radio's total funding comes from radio license fees. The remainder comes from commercial activities (advertising time sale, available technical capacity rental, publishing, sale of rights to sound recordings in the archive, etc.).